Disclaimer: Sponsored Post
We are the proud parents of two teenage drivers! Wait! Should we be proud? Of course, we should. Our boys have prepared for this milestone in their lives, and they are ready to drive safely and responsibly. Now that they have hit this milestone, the next journey involves purchasing a new car or cars in our case. My husband and I have only had to purchase one car in our lifetime. At the time we made this investment, we had to actually look in newspapers to find out the deals that various car companies were offering. Then we had to go to the lot to negotiate and haggle our way to a price that we were comfortable with.
Buying a new car or even a used one can be a stressful and scary experience. There are so many things that you have to consider before making such a big investment, that it can seem like a daunting task. No one wants to buy something that is just going to be one big headache.
In a world where you must have a dependable car, how can you know what to do to make sure your car buying experience goes smoothly. Believe it or not, I think that the car buying experience is so much easier than before. Why? Technology! Car buyers have a wealth of information available to them on the Internet. You can literally shop for the car of your dreams in the comfort of your home, and Cars.com makes this experience an easy one.
Here are our steps to purchasing a new or used car:
- Research – Know what you are looking for. Think about what your needs are? Do you need an SUV or a compact car? What features do you want it to have? Check the car safety stats for the vehicle you want. Knowing these details ahead of time is necessary. Cars.com offers car buyers everything they need to do this research. From finding out which cars have the worst and best MPG to narrowing it down for a side by side comparison, Cars.com can help you find just what you are looking for!
- Secure a Loan – Unless you have the money to pay for your car in cash, you are going to need a car loan. Check with your local banks and credit unions to find out if you can get pre-approved for a loan before asking the dealership or going with a third-party lender. Cars.com offers finance tips so that you can make sure you are going with the right lender.
- Down Payments – Decide if you are putting money down or trading in a car. Do your research to find out how much your trade-in is worth. Cars.com is the perfect place to do this research. Here you can find out how much your car is worth and even list it for sale on their site for free. Selling your car through Cars.com is a great way to get the most money for your car.
- Begin your car search online, and Cars.com is the place you are going to want to start! They do the research for you. Just enter the vehicle you are looking for, and they will provide you with a detailed listing of what is available near you.
- Once you find what you are looking for, take the time to check out the vehicle in person. You are going to want to see it for yourself and test drive it. Do not be afraid to have someone you trust check out the vehicle as well.
- Insurance – If you decide on a car, take the time to check around for insurance rates. You are going to need full coverage on this investment. Be prepared to call the insurance company you are going with before driving off the lot or from a person.
- The next step is to sit down and take care of the paperwork. Ask if they are extended warranties available and know exactly what it covers. Even though this may cost additional money, you are going to want to protect your investment. Having this security gives the buyer a peace of mind. If you buy it from an individual, make sure that you arrange to have a trusted mechanic or individual check the car out before you sit down to purchase.
Even if you are not in the market for a car, Cars.com is still a great place for car owners. They offer a Repair and Service section that you are going to want to check out. Just check out what they offer:
Get a Service Estimate
Find a Service Center
Service & Repair Advice
Safety & Recall Notices
Car Maintenance 101
The wide open roads are calling your name! There is not a better place for you to start your journey to find that perfect car than with Cars.com.
Social Media Connections